Say hello to THE spring salad of your dreams. This salad has a clean and lively flavour that is excellent for the impending hotter weather conditions that we hope Vancouver will be finding soon!! The tangy lime dressing packs a powerful punch of flavour that we cannot get more than enough of and the juicy mango in the cucumber salad is to die for. This is a wonderful salad to prep for a perform lunch mainly because it packs effectively and doesnt require to be reheated. We made use of our go-to spicy tofu in this salad due to the fact it hardly ever disappoints and is this sort of an quick protein to make. An included bonus about this recipe is that it follows the Balanced Plate Technique promoted by Canada’s Meals Guideline in which ½ of the plate is made up of fruit/veggies, ¼ of the plate is grains and the remaining ¼ of the plate is protein!
– 1 block of added company tofu
– 1 tbsp cornstarch
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tbsp oil of option
– 1-2 tbsp sriracha
– 1 huge Persian cucumber, chopped
– 1 mango, cubed
– 4 radishes, thinly sliced
– 4 eco-friendly onions, thinly sliced
– cilantro to your liking, finely chopped
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
– 2 limes, juiced
– cooked grain of preference, we used couscous
– greens of choice
– avocado, sliced
– sesame seeds
1. Push out as a lot liquid as doable from the tofu making use of a clear dish towel
2. Cut the tofu into cubes and include it to a bowl.
3. Coat the tofu with cornstarch.
4. Increase the soy sauce, oil and sriracha to the tofu and blend so that all pieces are coated evenly.
5. Insert the tofu to a lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 25-30mins, flipping the tofu midway.
1. Include all the components to a bowl and mix till merged.
1. Whisk the components in a bowl.
2. Pour half of the dressing around the cucumber salad and blend well.
3. Save the other half of the dressing to be drizzled over the finished salad bowls.
1. Insert your greens and cooked grains to a bowl. Then insert the cucumber salad and cooked tofu. Lastly best with avocado, sesame seeds and the relaxation of the dressing.